We are back with the Vanuatu overseas trip!
Originally scheduled for Nov 2020, it was unfortunately postponed indefinitely due to COVID. But we are now back, with the trip rescheduled for 1st – 10th Sept 2023. We will be visiting Espiritu Santo Island, Vanuatu, home to one of the most iconic and best-known wreck dives in the world: USS President Coolidge & Million Dollar Point.
SS President Coolidge (20-72m depth)
Considered by many divers to be the best wreck dive in the world, the SS President Coolidge was a luxury passenger liner converted to a troop carrier during WWII. Almost completely intact, you can swim through the numerous holds and decks. There are guns, cannons, jeeps, helmets, trucks and personal supplies left by some of the soldiers, as well as the beautiful porcelain statue of “The Lady,” chandeliers and a mosaic tile fountain. The wreck is covered in coral and is the home to a plethora of marine life.
Million Dollar Point (max depth 40m)
At the end of WWII, thousands of tons of US construction equipment was dumped into the sea. Named for its worth, there are a multitude of bulldozers, cranes, fork lifts and trucks piled upon one another in this unique dive site.
Those who do not wish to dive the wrecks multiple times or prefer to do shallower reef dives can do so by paying top-up boat dive fees locally, as well as go and do tours and activities on land. Prices can be adjusted accordingly.
9 shore & 4 boat dives with Pacific Dive https://www.pacificdive.net/
• Offer both Tec & Recreational diving (depth dependent on individual’s level of experience & qualifications)
• Dive Centre is within the hotel & provides a secure dive gear wash and storage room
• Shore dives on SS President Coolidge and Million Dollar Point
• Dives on the Coolidge build up gradually over the days from shallower to deeper
• Expect to do planned deco stops in warm clear water (IF doing deco dives)
• Boat dives on nearby reefs and other shallower wrecks like the USS Tucker (max 30m)
Can change to shore (wreck) dives only OR boat dive (reef & shallower wreck) only or any combo of the two with price adjustments.
8-night stay at Espiritu Hotel http://www.the-espiritu.com/
• Includes: Breakfast and transfers
• Facilities include a pool, bar and lounge, massage services and in‐house restaurant open seven days a week.
• Tú Café and Restaurant offers a menu that exploits the locally grown, fresh and organic produce that Vanuatu is famous for.
• Tú Bar and fare (lounge) has a fully-stocked bar with both local and imported beers and wines.
• All rooms are air‐conditioned and en suite, and offer a comfy 2-seater couch and a 24’’ LED TV with free In‐ house Movies, Bar Fridge, Tea & Coffee making facilities, and desk with chair.
• Free WiFi Internet is provided throughout
• Centrally located enabling you to have dinners at the local eateries.
- Meals & drinks apart from breakfast
- Single supplements available upon request
- Return flights
- Additional tours & activities, car hire (available from the hotel), etc
- Dive gear hire
- Travel & dive insurance (mandatory to participate in all club trips)
Booking and Costs:
Please refer to your club emails for prices and booking instructions.